Nachos Save the Day

Live 4 The Story

I was bored of going out to the same bars all the time so I decided to go visit a couple of my buddies at Illinois State University for the weekend. After some beer pong and other drinking games we decided to get ready and hit up the bars downtown. We were all partying and having a good time but for some reason my buddies wanted to go back early. I wanted to stay out longer and one of my friends who was also visiting for the weekend said that he would stay out with me.

After the bars finally closed we went outside and realized that we had no idea how to get back to our buddy’s place. We tried calling our friends but no one answered, so me being me, I began walking down the street lying to my friend telling him that I knew where I was going. Well with no cabs in sight and less and less people around the further we got away from the bars I decided it may be time to ask someone for directions. I saw a car stopped at a red light and asked him if he knew how to get to my buddy’s place. He said he knew exactly where it was and that he would give us a lift.

My mother always told me not to take rides from strangers but I was drunk and lost so I jumped in and told my buddy to get in too. On the way back to our buddy’s place my friend wound up passing out in the backseat of this guy’s car. The driver noticed and said that my friend looked so cute sleeping like a little baby. I figured he was just joking around and didn’t think much of his comment at the time. After a long time of driving I began to spot signs for the interstate heading north. I asked him if he knew where we are going and he said that we were headed home. I told this creepy dude to stop the car and he responded by telling me how good looking my friend and I were and that we should go to his apartment and party with him. I finally realized that this dude was trying to come on to us and I began yelling at him demanding him to turn the car around. He suddenly became very nervous and turned the car around and dropped us off at some random corner apologizing as we exited his car. We were now more lost than before.

I looked around and saw a burrito place a block down so I figured we might as well get something to eat while we tried to figure out how to get back to my buddy’s place. In the burrito place it just so happened that my sister was at one of the tables scarfing down some nachos with one of her friends. What are the odds that my sister would be in that random Mexican place at four in the morning. Why had I not thought about calling her in the first place? So I learned an important lesson that night. If I’m ever lost and unsure of what to do, always look for a burrito place because there is a good chance my sister may be inside with a plate of nachos. Oh yeah, and not to take rides from strangers.

blog comments powered by Disqus