Runaway Cab

Live 4 The Story

It’s Friday around 6:00 pm and I’m out for a $10 all you can drink happy hour in the Lincoln Park area. My friends and I are pounding drinks as fast as we can to ensure that we get the most for our money. I start talking to this random chick and she asks if I want to take some shots. I tell her that I’m not buying her shots and she responds by saying that she will pay for them. So of course I agree, who would turn down free shots? We are up by the bar and she proceeds to order 6 shots of Jameson.

I ask who else is taking shots with us and she says that all 6 are for us; 3 for her and 3 for me. I feel fine after the first shot; after the second one I get that burning sensation in my stomach and watery feeling in my mouth. As I begin to lift the third shot I immediately turn my head projectile vomiting all over the bar floor. Instead of being repulsed by this reaction this random girl grabs my head and starts to make out with me. She then asks if I want to get out of there and go somewhere else to “hang out.” We catch a cab and direct him back to my buddy’s place.

After a couple minutes of driving our cab driver pulls over at a gas station stating that he needs to use the washroom and assures me that the clock is not running. As he gets out of the drivers seat I look over and see that the random chick is passed out next to me. I think to myself “what am I doing with this girl” and right then and there I make the executive decision to ditch the cab. Well I was unable to open the back seat door.

Keep in mind I am drunk and by drunk I mean hammered beyond belief. I get the bright idea to climb through the small opening in the divider of the cab and squeeze into the front seat of the cab. I try the front door and find that I’m not able to open that door either. I then roll down the window and try to hop out of the cab. As this is happening, the cab driver is coming out of the gas station and realizes what is going on. I hear him start to yell and I quickly make my way out of the driver’s side window. I start to run down the street yelling “I don’t even know her,” as I hail another cab back to my buddy’s place.

I’m at my buddy’s place telling everyone this story and we all laugh about what a ridiculous night it was. As I’m finishing up my story the door opens and my buddy walks in with a random girl that he is trying to seal the deal with. Well, my jaw suddenly drops as I can not believe who my buddy just brought in as his girl of the night.

Yep, you guessed it! It was the exact same chick I ditched in the cab earlier that night. She comes up to me and asks what happened to me in the cab. I close my eyes and embrace for a punch straight to the face and simply reply “I’m sorry.” Well her next reaction caught me off guard as she began to make out with me and asked if we can go into one of the bedrooms. I decided this wasn’t the classiest girl and told her that she needed to leave. My buddy gave a cab $40 and told him to take her wherever she wanted to go.

blog comments powered by Disqus