Talking Lobster

Live 4 The Story

A couple buddies and I headed off to east coast for a weekend to do some site seeing. We were hungry and since we were in Boston we decided to get some clam chowder and lobster. The classy restaurant we wandered into happened to be one of America’s oldest restaurants and a national historic landmark. Even though this was a fine establishment, we were shocked to find out they had never heard of surf and turf. My buddy has his heart set on this so he ordered a filet with his lobster. A $40 side dish? Why not we were on vacation. While we were eating one of my friends and I made a little wager to take part after we were finished eating. We paid our bill and made our way downstairs towards the front door. When we got near the entrance I was couldn’t help but stare at the live lobster tank as the waiter was pulling out the customers’ selected lobsters putting them on the scale. Before anyone realized what was going on, I dunked my entire head into the lobster tank. Everyone stared at me in awe. I’m sure no one ever expected to see a man with his face totally submerged in a lobster tank blowing bubbles “talking” to the lobsters. When I hoisted my head out of the lobster tank I expected the place to be loud and crazy, but instead everyone just stared at me in horror. Finally, someone broke the silence by shouting, “That guy just stuck his head in the lobster tank!” I threw up my arms in triumph of my latest accomplishment and headed straight for the exit. That was the best $60 I ever made.

blog comments powered by Disqus